- Voters must be able to verify that their vote was not changed.
- Voters must be able to verify that their vote was counted correctly.
- Only registered voters should be able to cast votes.
- It should be impossible for one person to cast multiple votes.
- The voting method must prevent coercion and vote selling.
- The losing candidate must be convinced that they indeed lost.
Whether someone is an expatriate, military, impaired, or simply busy, we want to maximize the number of engaged eligible voters and minimize cost and complexity for election officials.